Monday, October 17, 2011

detach

to be unattached means that you are free from outside influences that overshadow your real self.


today we are going deep. i've been thinking a lot about the word detach. maybe it has to do with the fact that for the past 2 weeks the husband and i have gone on yet another endeavor....we gave ourselves the challenge of going on an all plant based diet (no meat or dairy...in other words, vegan). it has been an awesome experience (i mean...we are comparing it to our "juicing reboot", and we all know that was a near death experience. ha)! i think its safe to say we are both very health conscious. we love to challenge not only our physical self, but our mental self as well. i even decided to whip up these little treats to sustain my sweet tooth, and they definitely passed. no eggs, butter, or milk.






detached sometimes brings a negative vibe when really it can be very powerful. i think we sometimes get too attached to our own ways, or maybe its that we just get too comfortable, or maybe we get attached to our past. i dont know. i do know that i am working on it. so this week i am committing myself to detachment. "I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are. I will not rigidly impose my idea of how things should be. I will not force solutions on problems, thereby creating new problems. I will participate in everything with detached involvement." (thanks deepak) 


Anything you want can be acquired through detachment, because detachment is based on the unquestioning belief in the power of your true self.


ultimately detachment means to have enough love and understanding to let the other person be who he or she wants to be

No comments:

Post a Comment