Sunday, October 11, 2015

Changes.

 A lot of changes have been in the works with our little family. The husband accepted a job, which meant I had to quit my amazing job, which also meant we once and for all moved out of our apartment in Vegas, and now means we are currently living in Korea. Of all places. The husband has been working with an awesome company, Doterra, for the last year or so, and has done some consulting for them in Korea, but they have now asked him to reside there, and become an official employee working with their Korean department. Really it was inevitable that we would be out here someday with the husband's background. We have been through all sorts of emotions over the past few weeks trying to get ready for this big adventure. I'll leave that post for another time though;)))  

So we have officially been in Korea for one week. Besides that I can speak about three words in Korean, we are figuring it out;). Also, jet lag is one thing for an adult, but jet lag for a toddler is a whole other ball game. Add to that, we all got colds the very next day we arrived. So between jet lag and sickness, we are finally getting out and about with clear heads. Hallelujah. 

This lasted for about 15 minutes. 

But first donuts. We got off the long flight and went right to the donut shop. By loooong, I mean, River only slept for a few hours. We all deserved a treat. 

We live in bundong. On the 32nd floor.  Which is just outside of Seoul. It's really nice, with parks and a huge river right outside of our apartment building. 

There are massive buildings everywhere you look. And buses and trains and motorcycles. Everything this city boy loves. 

I've based my hate for Korean food off of two experiences, so I wasn't too excited about the food over here. Then the husband whipped up some amazing chopchea and bibimbap, and I was hooked. Yum. River and his dinosaurs devoured it as well. Thanks papa. 

Subway rides are better when there are treats involved. And that goes for almost anything else as well;) 

Shopping is a whole new world over here. 

My tiny love in this big world. It is scary and amazing all at once. 

Why get a gym pass when you can workout at pretty much any street or park you come to? Quick sesh before church;) 

My loves. Here's to adventure. Here's to changes and growing and experiences and learning. I couldn't imagine doing this world without them, and I will gladly take on any adventure with these two by my side. 

Xo

Ps. Mowgli will eventually be with us as well. I will have to post about how to bring a dog overseas soon. It's not an easy task. So for now, our amazing friend and her 4 pups have saved us once again. Like I've said before, I couldn't do this stuff (traveling for extended periods of time) without her! I'm so grateful to know mowgli is safe and happy, because he is my baby. I only cried the whole first night we got here so I am making progress;) thank you Tricia for all you do for us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment