Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thailand.

When you're in Korea and Thailand is only a short flight away...you go. It's been on my bucket list for quite awhile. The husband has been there 10+ times and this was my first, so we decided to break me in and head straight to koh samui. it was rainy season, but we lucked out and it only rained a couple of times our last two days. yippee.  




It is always an adventure to fly with the river monster. This was by far his best traveling and flying trip yet...and by best, I mean he slept most of the time;) And I guess it helps to fly business class too. He doesn't know how good he has it;) 


We stayed at the le meridien which I would recommend to anyone. I would also recommend bug spray. Lots of it.  The beaches were amazing. The water was warm. The greenest mountains. It really is a tropical paradise. We opted out on the scooter since we had River and rented our awesome 1986 jeep. And if anyone knows River, he was in heaven because the jeep had a tire on the back. Such a little weirdo. 



I love them. And also Thai pants in Thailand are a must. 


Probably;) 
Big Buddha 


I don't know how anyone could mistreat these beautiful animals. Any animals really. Next time I go to Thailand, I will volunteer at the elephant nature park. If you have to go to Thailand to ride elephants, I suggest you go to this place instead and have a much more humane and beautiful elephant experience. Since we weren't close to the sanctuary, I found the closest elephants, bought bags of bananas, and spent the day feeding them. It wasn't much, but I wanted to do something for these amazing souls. River loved it and we all had an amazing moment with each other:) I may have also taught River to tell all the tourists coming in, "don't ride elephants, just feed them". I was proud. 




Made it to the top of namuang waterfall. 



Yogis

This photo makes me laugh. Our kayaking adventures. Oh man. 

Brown eyed boy. 

Lantern party every night at our hotel. Sending off our goals and dreams. 





Thailand. You were amazing. Beaches every day. Messages every day (maybe twice a day). Authentic Thai food every day. I will be back. You can count on that. 

Xo

1 comment:

  1. Love all your wonderful pics. How fun for you to being having such great adventures. Love you, miss you.

    ReplyDelete